i wrote a program in c ++...when i compiled it..the compiler showed
limit=215f #00a5....and the program did not get compiled and the ide got
closed...i compiled using turbo c compiler...tell me whatz dis??and how to compile my program??the program is around 500 lines...help me...

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

i wrote a program in c ++...when i compiled it..the compiler showed
limit=215f #00a5....and the program did not get compiled and the ide got
closed...i compiled using turbo c compiler...tell me whatz dis??and how to compile my program??the program is around 500 lines...help me...

A word of advise...
Use a post title that asks a real question and "texting English" is frowned upon here.

I am not familiar with your compiler, but it SOUNDS old. You need a modern compiler to compile c++. The error looks like some kind of incompatibility due to age or format.

Between your bad title and scant information, it's hard for anyone to help you if they wanted to.

Try again with info like what processor and OS your computer has,
What IDE, etc. Perhaps one of the "gurus' will help you if you respect the forum rules. (see the sticky posts above)

yea, that entire paragraph was unreadable, but if JRM is right, you will need a more up to date compiler, like DevC++ downloadable from here:

http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

For more help, please visit:
<url snipped>

yeah turbo c++ is ancient, nonstandard and unstable

A word of advise...
Use a post title that asks a real question and "texting English" is frowned upon here.

Almost. Don't ask the question in the title, tell us what the question is going to be about, like "Compiler Error". Read this

I am not familiar with your compiler, but it SOUNDS old. You need a modern compiler to compile c++. The error looks like some kind of incompatibility due to age or format.

No true. That's like saying you need a 2007 Corvette to drive n the road so get rid of the 1968 Mustang.

Between your bad title and scant information, it's hard for anyone to help you if they wanted to.

Again, true. We need accurate information, like the exact error message and the code in that part of the program.

yea, that entire paragraph was unreadable

I disagree -- I may be as ancient as the hills by most people's standards here but even I was able to read/understand the post. "...tell me whatz dis" is the only sentence that I could see that might cause some problems (from non-English backgrounds) problems.

thats like saying you need a 2007 Corvette to drive n the road so get rid of the 1968 Mustang.

Actually, its true. Turbo C++ is an old DOS IDE and it doesnt run on XP without some major tweaking

It runs ok on my Vista Home, although admittedly I don't write any large programs with it.

yeah turbo c++ is ancient, nonstandard and unstable

completely incorrect. the current version of turbo c++ (the free version is now called 'Turbo C++ Explorer') does support standard ANSI C and ISO/IEC C++ languages and libaries. it includes the Dinkumware C++ runtime libraries and supports the Boost library. download from one of the locations listed on http://www.turboexplorer.com/downloads
you may also find this helpful: http://cplus.about.com/od/learnc/ss/tcsharpins.htm
note: the free version does not have a command line compiler though; you will have to compile and build from the ide.

completely incorrect. the current version of turbo c++ (the free version is now called 'Turbo C++ Explorer') does support standard ANSI C and ISO/IEC C++ languages and libaries.

From what i've seen, the chance is, anyone posting here claiming to use "turbo C", is most probably referring to the original Borland turbo C from the early/mid 90s, rather than the modern version you linked to. In which case, jbennet is spot on.

commented: Bingo. +25

true. But it's far from unstable.
It's in fact far more stable when used in the correct environment (meaning the one it was designed for) than any of those "modern" IDEs, and of course far more performant even on the limited hardware of the time.

From what i've seen, the chance is, anyone posting here claiming to use "turbo C", is most probably referring to the original Borland turbo C from the early/mid 90s, rather than the modern version you linked to. In which case, jbennet is spot on.

Again, all of this speculation! The OP was never specific enough for anyone to really know.
The name the OP used was turbo c, that's all.
I may not know allot, but i do know there were major changes introduced in 1997. If this guy is using something from before that date, he could be in a world of hurt.

As i mentioned in another post, i learn a great deal from my gcc error mesages. it tells me if the code is depreciated, proper usage of functions, and where a problem is located.

If he is using some old outdated piece of junk, this benefit will not be realized. Not to mention syntax errors on perfectly legitimate C++, that the old compiler would know nothing about!

Not to mention syntax errors on perfectly legitimate C++, that the old compiler would know nothing about!

Of course it doesn't -- Turbo C is not a C++ compiler.

Of course it doesn't -- Turbo C is not a C++ compiler.

LOL! ...but the OP didn't seem to know that!

His first line reads:
"i wrote a program in c ++..."

commented: nice catch +15

there are 2 versions, turbo c and turbo c++. wiki them

Unlike Turbo Pascal, however, Turbo C++ always adhered to C++ language standards of its time. The MS-DOS product was never capable of compiling ISO-standard C++, however, because development on it was discontinued before the standard was completed.

yah, Turbo Pascal never adhered to the established standards for C++ :)

commented: LOL +9

Actually, its true. Turbo C++ is an old DOS IDE and it doesnt run on XP without some major tweaking

Then your XP is broke. Works fine on mine with no tweaking -- and I have version 1.0 loaded.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.