Hi

I am COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENT.

I created thesis project with a report using VB6 datareport and Access2000. The report works fine on my machine, but when i presented this to my instructor an error "Invalid Data Source" occurs when I installed the application on other machines without visual basic system. My instructor give me another chance to solve this problem and submit it again. Anyone can help me to solve this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i guess you should have to install vb6 on that machine... or else try to locate your path if its on the same drive...

Hi

I am COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENT.

I created thesis project with a report using VB6 datareport and Access2000. The report works fine on my machine, but when i presented this to my instructor an error "Invalid Data Source" occurs when I installed the application on other machines without visual basic system. My instructor give me another chance to solve this problem and submit it again. Anyone can help me to solve this?

first of all you need to bundle your project into a self-executable setup package before you can use it in a machine having no copy of visual basic installed. you can use the Package and Deployment wizard to accomplish this task. Visit this thread if you don't know how to create a setup package :-
Problem in running application on another computer
scroll down and find reply #8. the whole thing was described there.

and for your report, this is not a problem of your program. its a lack of vb6 itself to find the physical location of the database if its target is changed. when that nasty error dialog shows up just replace the location with your current physical location in the target machine(where u have installed the application) of your database. you have to do this once. click ok to save and then everything will run like butter.

regards
Shouvik

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.