i want to make a program that you can add some product details later in and you can then type the product code of a product and it is added to a report that you can print as a receipt to a customer showing the price of each product and the total amount paid! i just have an idea how to do this but because i only did VB lessons for a month i am not sure i can do it! if anyone could make a sample and send it to me i would be thankfull!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Oh much like an inventory system eh?

You need some knowledge in SQL, what database to use (mostly Microsoft Access or SQL Server =/), and how to use either Data Report or Crystal report for printing. and for printing, you need to use the Printer.* object. research those stuff in google and everything will run smooth. there's a lot of sample program in the web too. :)

whats SQL? thanks..... if you could send me a project like this in a folder of this so i could see how you used the codes i would appreciate it even more....

From your post it shows u r a novice user having very little or no knowledge of the language and even u dont know what is SQL. Dont expect any one to spoon feed u the code / project in a free froum.

We are not here to do your home work. To get help from the forum experts u need to post your code that u have tried to solve the problem and exactly where u r struck.

this is not my home work!!! i just want to learn VB and had the chance to only go to lessons for less than a month!

Quite frankly, this sort of system is better suited to MS access forms than VB.

ok thnx

please put your code but if you dont have any please try to have some in the books. this forum is not for teaching lessons. no offense meant sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.