I want a form static box on the page that will link and chg to my poetry links on the side of the page, so that the page wont chg just the box and the choice of the users poem they want to read....
I was googling, but dont really know what kinda script it would b called....

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It's not a script, it's just an iframe. For future reference try to spell out your words, that was incredibly confusing.

I dont want an IFrame every time as some of the poems arent that long
What I needed was to be able for the box to chg=change in to a different poem each time. I'm sorry I was so confusing, i live in the state...(confusion)
Is that better?
Or am I wrong again?

Well you have two options: You can use iframes or you can have every poem in the same page but in separate divs. The divs will have different IDs and then you would use javascript to manipulate their style to hide and show them. ie.,

<style type="text/css">
[id^="poem"]{display: none;}
</style>

<script style="text/javascript">
function switchVis(obj){
      var el = document.getElementById(obj);
      if ( el.style.display != 'none' ) 
              el.style.display = 'none';
      else  el.style.display = '';
}
</script>
... in the body

<div id="poem1">This is a poem, etc.</div>
<div id="poem2">This is a poem, etc.</div>

<a onclick="switchVis('poem1');>See Poem 1</a>

Why don't u try this... use tabs..

check my site http://www.easyspokenenglish.com/coursedetails.htm
See how I have given Tabbed Browsing effect like yahoo using the same DIV Tags. Changing Visibility of a division by click of Tab.
Instead of selection drop down.. tabs wud be more convenient to Navigate.

Gimme ur site URL..
let me help u in specific... since ur pretty confused.

Regards
Kiwi

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.