Hi Everyone,

I have a question in regards to dynamic keyword insertion. When someone is on one of the major search engines and they type in "blue widgets" how is it possible for you to have the words "blue widgets" on your landing page without having to type "blue widgets" ? I appreciate everyone time for viewing my question.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,

Dim MetaDesc As New HtmlMeta
MetaDesc.Name = "description"
MetaDesc.Content = "Descriptionfor web page"

Dim MetaKey As New HtmlMeta
MetaKey.Name = "keywords"
MetaKey.Content = "keyword, keywords"

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. Would this go in the page load event ?

also, where would I put the "MetaKey.Name" code ? Is it possible to give me an example ? sorry if this is too much to ask but I really want to learn.

Thanks for your time.
SCM

Hi scm22ri,
Yes you would put this code in your Page_load event

On my site I ALL the pages have there Titles and descriptions stored in a SQL database along with the all the page content.

and as for keywords, well I don't use them as I have found that MOST of the major search engins have stopped using them in favor of page content and this is working well for me.

'For page description use
Dim MetaDesc As New HtmlMeta
MetaDesc.Name = "description"
MetaDesc.Content = "Description for web page"

'For page keywords use
Dim MetaKey As New HtmlMeta
MetaKey.Name = "keywords"
MetaKey.Content = "keyword, my keywords"

'and for the page Title use
Page.Title = "My Page Title"

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but how would I use this code on my page ? How do I get that keyword(s) to showup on my page ?

My url is below, perhaps this will help
http://tinyurl.com/ysp4h8

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.