I require some help regarding image comaprison application!!

I am devloping Image Comparison Application in ASP.net which compares images irrespective of it's format,size and gives result in Percentage Format!!
I want to know whether it's possible to comapre 2 images using asp.net irrespective of their format,size and result should be in percenatge format like 80%-90% like that...And the criterias for comparison are not "image size,pixel by pixel comparison and height,width". But they are other than this!! Can anyone suggest criterias for such comparison?....

Is anyone successfull in finding same images irrespective of their format,size or have faced the same problem?...

Example:
**say there is a yellow rose picture and another with red rose picture
**then similarity is 99%
**irrespective of the height and width of the images

Can anyone please help me in this matter.It would be really appreciated if anyone give some good links along with some sample code that anyone would have got while working on such application. It's very much like a research topic.Most of stuff i got was research one & not related to programming pt. of view..

thanks hrishi

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I am devloping Image Comparison Application in ASP.net which compares images irrespective of it's format,size and gives result in Percentage Format!!

I want to know whether it's possible to comapre 2 images using asp.net irrespective of their format,size and result should be in percenatge format like 80%-90% like that...And the criterias for comparison are not "image size,pixel by pixel comparison and height,width". But they are other than this!! Can anyone suggest criterias for such comparison?....

So you arent developing one. You want someone to do it all for you?

Notwithstanding that. Have you any idea on the complexity of the task? Before i go into too much depth - what is your level of programming capability? For a start do you know how images are stored?

So you arent developing one. You want someone to do it all for you?

Notwithstanding that. Have you any idea on the complexity of the task? Before i go into too much depth - what is your level of programming capability? For a start do you know how images are stored?

What a rude answer, I'm also looking for the same, I have developped something but in vb6... :sad: Now looking for something efficient in .NET, C# in fact.

I require some help regarding image comaprison application!!

Is anyone successfull in finding same images irrespective of their format,size or have faced the same problem?...

Example:
**say there is a yellow rose picture and another with red rose picture
**then similarity is 99%
**irrespective of the height and width of the images

Can anyone please help me in this matter.It would be really appreciated if anyone give some good links along with some sample code that anyone would have got while working on such application. It's very much like a research topic.Most of stuff i got was research one & not related to programming pt. of view..

thanks hrishi

hi dost!!

i am also searching for same. If you got any success than please help me.

KIRANKUMAR ROY
<EMAIL SNIPPED>
<URL SNIPPED>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.