Hi all,

Not even sure if this does belong in this section, but please redirect me if it doesn't. For those of us that have affiliate sites, most affiliates provide us with data feeds or specific data feed url with whcih we can link and extract information for our websites.

Can anyone tell me how one goes about connecting to one of these files? Is it a regex enquiry? And how would one specify which info needs to be extracted etc.

Many thanks Smiley

Not even sure if this does belong in this section, but please redirect me if it doesn't. For those of us that have affiliate sites, most affiliates provide us with data feeds or specific data feed url with whcih we can link and extract information for our websites.

If by "data feed" you mean an xml feed/file, then you can access it through PHP using either an XML parser or a pre-built package like SimpleXML.

I'd suggest reading through the section in Practical PHP Programming on using SimpleXML. Basically, you create an object using the xml file. This loads all of the xml data into an object structured like the xml tree.

If you had an example of one of these data feeds, it would be easier to illustrate.

Good luck,
- Walkere

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.