Hello all,
I am trying to do something like this.I have did this before with C# and asp.net but it was long back and currently am not able to recall anything similar. This time i need to make it work with vb.net and ASP.net

I want that only a administrative user of a computer can open my website.So what i am planning to do is when the user open my webpage he will be asked for administrative password.Once he enters it he can login.

Can anyone say how do i validate? Any pointer to the solution will be much helpful..Lots of thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Thread has been moved to the ASP.NET forum.

Hello all,
I am trying to do something like this.I have did this before with C# and asp.net but it was long back and currently am not able to recall anything similar. This time i need to make it work with vb.net and ASP.net

I want that only a administrative user of a computer can open my website.So what i am planning to do is when the user open my webpage he will be asked for administrative password.Once he enters it he can login.

Can anyone say how do i validate? Any pointer to the solution will be much helpful..Lots of thanks!

Is this an Active Directory based network? If so, it sounds like you are looking for ADSI. Try looking at this article to get you started. http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/LearnMore/adsi.asp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.