I had the following stored procedure calling from a .cfm page via the following cfquery command;

this is the cfquery code on my cfm page:

<cfquery name="GetProduct" datasource="Allposters3" cachedwithin="#CreateTimeSpan(0,4,0,0)#">
{CALL spNavProducts (#NavID#)}</cfquery>

below here is the actual sql from spNavProducts which is called:

set ANSI_NULLS ON
set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
go

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[spNavProducts](@NavID int)
AS

SET NOCOUNT OFF;
SELECT     TOP 500 tblNavProductID.NavID, tblProduct.productId, tblProduct.productCode, tblProduct.productName, tblProduct.productRetailPrice,
                      tblProduct.productRetailPriceStore, CAST(tblProduct.productRetailPrice * tblProduct.productDiscount AS Money) AS productDiscountPrice,
                      tblProduct.productSize, tblProduct.productWidth, tblProduct.productHeight, tblProduct.productImg1URL, tblProduct.productStoreOnly,
                      tblProduct.productNavID, tblNav.NavName, tblProduct.MinFramePrice, tblProduct.productMinFrame, tblProduct.productDiscount,
                      tblProduct.productUpdDate, tblProduct.productQOH, tblManufacturer.manufacturerTurnaround, tblProduct.ProductInactive, tblProduct.NewProd,
                      tblProduct.OnSale, tblProduct.MultiSize, tblProduct.Rank, tblProduct.productImg2URL, tblProduct.CanBeFramed, tblProduct.CanBeMounted, tblProduct.ProductType,
                      tblProduct.ProductLink, tblProduct.ThumbnailHeight, tblProduct.ThumbnailWidth, tblProduct.FramedLink, tblProduct.MountedLink
FROM         tblNavProductID INNER JOIN
                      tblProduct ON tblNavProductID.ProductId = tblProduct.productId INNER JOIN
                      tblManufacturer ON tblProduct.productManufacturerId = tblManufacturer.manufacturerId LEFT OUTER JOIN
                      tblNav ON tblProduct.productNavID = tblNav.NavID
WHERE     (tblNavProductID.NavID = @NavID) AND (tblProduct.ProductInactive = 0) AND (tblProduct.productCodeParent IS NULL OR
                      tblProduct.productCodeParent = N'')
ORDER BY tblProduct.Rank DESC, tblProduct.productName 

set ANSI_NULLS ON
set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
go

!!!!!!!!!!!Start question dialog again here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically, the stored procedure being called is in a database called Allposters3 which is replacing the datasource Urbanposters,
but is an exact copy of the schema of Urbanposters.
I added a few fields to the select clause and when I run the the stored procedure as a view replacing @NavID with an actual
NAVid value, it indeed returns all the fields in the select clause without fail.

Below is the original Store procedure so you can see what i added in the Select clause:

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[spNavProducts](@NavID int)
AS

SET NOCOUNT OFF;
SELECT     TOP 500 tblNavProductID.NavID, tblProduct.productId, tblProduct.productCode, tblProduct.productName, tblProduct.productRetailPrice,
                      tblProduct.productRetailPriceStore, CAST(tblProduct.productRetailPrice * tblProduct.productDiscount AS Money) AS productDiscountPrice,
                      tblProduct.productSize, tblProduct.productWidth, tblProduct.productHeight, tblProduct.productImg1URL, tblProduct.productStoreOnly,
                      tblProduct.productNavID, tblNav.NavName, tblProduct.MinFramePrice, tblProduct.productMinFrame, tblProduct.productDiscount,
                      tblProduct.productUpdDate, tblProduct.productQOH, tblManufacturer.manufacturerTurnaround, tblProduct.ProductInactive, tblProduct.NewProd,
                      tblProduct.OnSale, tblProduct.MultiSize, tblProduct.Rank 
FROM         tblNavProductID INNER JOIN
                      tblProduct ON tblNavProductID.ProductId = tblProduct.productId INNER JOIN
                      tblManufacturer ON tblProduct.productManufacturerId = tblManufacturer.manufacturerId LEFT OUTER JOIN
                      tblNav ON tblProduct.productNavID = tblNav.NavID
WHERE     (tblNavProductID.NavID = @NavID) AND (tblProduct.ProductInactive = 0) AND (tblProduct.productCodeParent IS NULL OR
                      tblProduct.productCodeParent = N'')
ORDER BY tblProduct.Rank DESC, tblProduct.productName

!!!!!!!!!!!Start question dialog again here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now when i call some of those fields on my cfm page in the typical #GetProduct.ProductType# fashion, it returns the error;

Element ProductType is undefined in GetProduct.

Now, I must be missing something little, but it is my understanding that since I added the fields to the spNavProducts that
GetProduct is calling, and I ran the select and the spNavProducts is indeed returning the fields added to the select, well,
Shouldn't allow me to place these elements on the page? I am lost.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

You may have already figured this out, but the first thing that comes to mind is that your query has been cached for 4 hours. Because it's a stored procedure and not an inline query, CF will not recognize the the stored proc has changed. Mind you, I'm not suggesting that you make this an inline query, but if you change the stored procedure, keep this in mind. You can either wait until it expires, or you can temporarily remove the cachedwithin value.

I suspect that's what the problem is, but if not, let me know and I will look deeper into your SP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.