hi,

i want to deploy an asp.net 2005 application . i am not able to any of the options as we get in asp.net2003. please help me to slove this problem thank you

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Why dont you just copy all the files and paste them to your directory in server? what is wrong?

do i need to create a virtual directory? i don know a pin of deploying process..
pl help me with this

Actually you dont have to deal with iis related jobs since the hosting firm should take care of those. But if you are responsible for that, just create a virtual directory as you said, set it physical path to your website directory and that will suffice.

But the thing is i don know to create the virtual directory . i have just an idea . so can u pl tell me the procedure how to deal with this
thanks,

But m not using iis7.. m using iis 5.1... there is no option as such to add a new application as u mentioned . so please help me with this only.. m using xp-professional,asp.net2005,server2000.

ok then just put your application folder in inetpub/wwwroot then go to iis administration tool from the administrative tools. You will see your application folder when you expand the default website. Then right click on the application folder, click properties, and click create button. Give the rights to execute scripts. Play around with it, it is not that hard

hey i tried doing that and had put my folder name in the address bar but it displaying page cannot be displayed .... pl don mind .. help me solving this

its showing website cannot be found

hey i tried doing that and had put my folder name in the address bar but it displaying page cannot be displayed .... pl don mind .. help me solving this

Simply right click on your project folder and choose option share folder on web. give authority and name for your virtual directory. Click ok. Check in your IIS. There is a VD... its so simple like this.

Enjoy... Best Luck.

i got it thanks.. its working now.

Welcome :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.