Hi Frndz ,

Suppose i am copying a project from one system to another system, Its enough to copy the project folder and place it ah ? Any other additions i need to make in the destinatioin system ?
i mean copying a web application developed using asp.net in vb.net.

thanks in advance
Nams here

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When you create a website folder it's usually put in the /Websites/ folder within your Visual Studio/Visual Web Developer folder. The folder in the projects folder just contains information about the project as opposed to the actual project files.

So say I have a project called Overland my project file is here: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Overland but that only contains the project file, the folder which contains all my pages can be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Overland

I hope this helps :) if not please do feel free to ask for more information.

Yes it will works , but make sure that the .NET framework is installed on the destination server.
and as a better way publish your website from visual studio or package it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.