Hi All,
I m working on a project that has different sub-projects. I would like to include a link to a file that is placed in another folder. For ex. My file whose path is ProjB/FolderB/FileB.asp --I want to write a line of code that will enable me to link to a file whose path is ProjA/FolderA/FileA.asp.
Can I achieve this using the navigateURL command?How?
Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi All,
I m working on a project that has different sub-projects. I would like to include a link to a file that is placed in another folder. For ex. My file whose path is ProjB/FolderB/FileB.asp --I want to write a line of code that will enable me to link to a file whose path is ProjA/FolderA/FileA.asp.
Can I achieve this using the navigateURL command?How?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I guess you have two options, make an Absolute Path or a Relative Path

In the absolute path, you have to put the entire URL on the link, like, http://domainname/ProjB/FolderB/FileB.asp

In the relative path, you have make a "navigation" through the folders before you can reach the file, like, if you are in ProjB/FolderB/FileB.asp and you have to reach ProjA/FolderA/FileA.asp (assuming that both are in the same server) you have to do a "../../ProjA/FolderA/FileA.asp"

Try this and post back... good luck!

hey thankz.. it really helped.. i used the relative path method..it works!!
Thnx once again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.