hjast 0 Newbie Poster

Ok, I have a question about software architecture and how to design this partial system.

These are the components.

These are the requirements:

Have someone log into the intranet (into company web site), type in their phone number (default retrived from database). They then can choose to either make a single contract or multi contract alert.

In the single alert, they type in an exchange and a symbol and the live price comes up on the screen. They arm the alert and then when the price reaches that level, it sends a message to their cell phone.

Things to consider: The link to the live prices has to come on a computer with the proper machinery installed and a t3 line coming in.

So, this the problem I started with. This is the design I decieded on. (not concrete if easier way).

Have a C# written application on the server always running, updating the price, sending off alerts and archiving old alerts. The alerts are stored in SQL Server 2005, when processed.

Since the ASP.NET frontend needs live prices can’t just interact with database, but also with C# Application.

My problem now is how to connect the ASP.NET with the C# written application.

Other questions: Is there a framework I can use that encompasses both the web aspect and the system application(persistence, always running)? Or is this the best approach to use?