Hi guys,

I'm new to ASP.NET and MySQL. I've worked with Microsoft Access for a while (6 months or so) so I have an understanding on how databases work. However, now I am trying to create a website with ASP.NET 3.5 and MySQL. So far I've been able to get a connection to MySQL and insert records to tables. However, I'm struggling to learn how to do more because I cannot find any tutorials/information online.

From my experience with Access, I've gotten use to using recordsets. For example, filtering a recordset and being able to read/change single/multiple records from the database using the recordset. I haven't been able to find out how to do this sort of thing with ASP.NET and MySQL.

So pretty much I'm looking for a direction on how to use these two technologies together. Does anyone know any tutorials/books on this topic? I've been trying to find out how to use the MySql.Data.MySqlClient namespace just by looking at the method and property descriptions is visual studio but haven't had much luck. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.