hi everyone,

I'm developing a Online Music Shop. I think i have completed the basic modules which are necessary in a online music shop. modules include buying prepaid credits, searching for a music file in titles, artist and album, preview the music file, shopping cart, buying the file deducting from the credits, Music Shelf where the user could view and download the purchased files, artist ratings, view of albums by the artist in the artist's page, a report on the royalty liable to the artist, report on the order details of albums which should be shipped home, a mp3 tag reader for inserting the title, artist, album of a mp3 file into the database (mp3 upload by administrator).

this is my first website. even after completing these modules it does not seem to be a complex one (at least to my professor). My prof requires that i present a more "complex module" with data manipulation apart form database actions.

i would like to hear comments and advice on the complexity of the modules... and suggestions for any new modules with complexity which i should develop.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Lol a professor wants you to make it more complex. One of the objectives in programming, is to make a complex task into manageable and logical separated parts, but maybe he just wants to see a little more.

Maybe something more complex, could be added functionality similar to that of amazon where they give suggested items. Based upon what items you have, try to create suggestions for other items, based upon other user's buying habits.

I am not quite sure if you have added the administration part. But I would like to suggest that you add administration module, where you can supervise the whole site and make the module as a content mangment system which enables you to add new items and manuplate content easily, with no need to know any kind of programming language. Good luck

Lol a professor wants you to make it more complex. One of the objectives in programming, is to make a complex task into manageable and logical separated parts, but maybe he just wants to see a little more.

Maybe something more complex, could be added functionality similar to that of amazon where they give suggested items. Based upon what items you have, try to create suggestions for other items, based upon other user's buying habits.

Yes, he wants see me put in more effort in making a complex component, which of course while codding should be created in a manageable manner. ill start with your suggestion. :)
thanks.

I am not quite sure if you have added the administration part. But I would like to suggest that you add administration module, where you can supervise the whole site and make the module as a content mangment system which enables you to add new items and manuplate content easily, with no need to know any kind of programming language. Good luck

i've already included modules for adding new mp3 items and artist items. ill add some more admin components to it.. thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.