I havnt tried it yet. I wanted to know if it is any good. I have an <URL SNIPPED>seo and web development company and I am always looking for new ways to increase performance. I was reading that it actually allows you to see where your site is allocating its memory so you can address the bottleneck areas.

If anybody has used it already please let me know how it is. I am very anxious to give it a try myself.

Member Avatar for gklandes

I use CF on a School District website and LOVE IT for app development. It is a scripting language somewhat like PHP but has many powerful built in tools for outputing PDFs as well as HTML, image manipulation, data access and handling and, YES, a server monitor that gives you a ton of information about how your code is running. We use a framework to develop in Coldfusion called ModelGlue and I'd highly recommend that as well, but it is not a requirement at all.

I was a PHP developer before our deptartment switched and I found the transition very easy!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.