Hello. I have a gridview which takes in data from 3 tables. And this gridview also have an additional column called "Role" which is not included in the database. Currently, without adding any logic but simply using the findcontrol to the label, "Role", i can show out "ML" But, when I add in the logic, it did not appear at all.

In any case, does anyone knows how to insert "ML" into the "Role" column which is not found in the database but is reference from another column found in the database.

This is the codes used to display the "ML" in the role column.

protected void gridAMDisplay_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e) { if (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { //find the Label control using FindControl and set its Text on some column value DataRowView row = (DataRowView)e.Row.DataItem;

if (!DBNull.Value.Equals(row["ModuleLeader"]))
        {

if (row["ModuleLeader"].ToString() == "ModuleStr")
            {
                Label lbl = e.Row.FindControl("lblRole") as Label;
                if (lbl != null)
                {
                    lbl.Text = "ML";
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

This part of the code when comment off, the ML can be displayed in the role column, otherwise, nothing is displayed. Therefore, i feel that the findcontrol part works. BUT, referencing does not works. if (row["ModuleLeader"].ToString() == "ModuleStr") {...} As i mentioned, the role column was not included in any of the tables in the DB. Therefore, i added in this codes.

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Role">
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <asp:Label ID="lblRole" runat="server" Text="" />
                    </ItemTemplate>
                </asp:TemplateField>

But, the problem i have now is, the role column does not reference to the column it is supposed to, which is "Module Leaders"

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Husna

You can use Typed Dataset and merge the additional ROLE column to it, the dataset can be used to bind your GRIDVIEW and so on and so forth...

Regards

Hello. Can you please provide me with some example?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.