I am looking for ideas of projects I can do to further develop my PHP and MySQL skills. I did Business IT university and have a good knowledge of PHP and MySQL as I did my dissertation in it. I would like to develop these skills further but I have no idea of projects I could do to develop my skills further. I want to know if anyone can suggest some ideas as I would like to develop my PHP and MySQL skills so that I can start to get jobs in this area or offer my services as a freelancer. I just need the basic idea and possible functionality which would be required. Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

sure :) here is my idea :P
develope a library application. you have to make multiple lvl admins and ordinary users. develope everything on your own MVC application.
i think this idea brings some though thinking :)

What about making your own CMS to beat Joomla! or Drupal. Or taking Wordpress out of Business? or May be a hotel CMS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.