I know the server is there, I used an install php to create the tables on the database. And Tables made it there. But this is what I get when I try to create a user. I'm Stumped.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host '<mysql29.secureserver.net>' (2) in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/connect.php on line 25

Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/connect.php on line 28

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/connect.php on line 28

Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 184

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 184

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 185

Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 195

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 195

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 196

Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 207

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 207

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 208

Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 214

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/J/D/e/JDenham/html/createnewuser.php on line 214
User Mr_Torch has been created successfully.
Click login at the top to login

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I figured it out hehe I didn't have the right " " in and I forgot to remove < > geez
works fine now

You should nip out to the command line and fire up mysql logging in as root or approriate access for table management and grant access. You can then SELECT username from mydb or similar to list the users in your database. From there pay attention to the user suffix, i.e. is it something like johndoe@mybox (meaning johndoe connecting from mybox is valid but not on others systems like, herbox for example). If you need access to herbox as well then consider creating users with wildcard access. For example, johndoe@%. Chances are your privilege issue can be solved at the mysql layer. And when I doubt, use one of the MySQL applications to prove that your user IDs can access the Database with the Access you expect. Only then can you be sure that programatically you are dealing with your own issues instead of database security. Good luck !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.