Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by saiprem

That is a mixture of css and javascript. Basically you use css to make it look pretty then to make the background disappear simply use onclick="javascript:myfunction();" Then javascript can change the css properties to make the background disappear.

That is a mixture of css and javascript. Basically you use css to make it look pretty then to make the background disappear simply use onclick="javascript:myfunction();" Then javascript can change the css properties to make the background disappear.

if you donot mind let me know how to do.

i did like this as a text format. text will disappear in text box.how the image to insert in text box. hw to do the above one.

Edited by muralikalpana: n/a

That code inside the input field will trigger a custom javascript function. Then the javascript function can set the css of the input box so that the writing in the background disappears. The writing is usually just a simple background image and javascript can be used to make it disappear.

if you donot mind let me know how to do.

i did like this as a text format. text will disappear in text box.how the image to insert in text box. hw to do the above one.

That code inside the input field will trigger a custom javascript function. Then the javascript function can set the css of the input box so that the writing in the background disappears. The writing is usually just a simple background image and javascript can be used to make it disappear.

ok..thanks . i will try. i will contact you any problem occurs.

Not necessary to make one more function there, Directly you can write there itself, I hope it helps you

<style>
.inputboxstyle1{
background:url(your_bg_image);
}
.inpuboxstyle2{
background:none;
}
</style>

<input type="text" class="inputboxstyle1" onmouseover="javascript:this.className='inpuboxstyle2'" onmouseout="javascript:this.className='inputboxstyle1'" />

Edited by saiprem: n/a

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.