hello....

i want to do search box. it is exactly like google custom search. i am not talking about functionality. i am talking about look and feel. you see google search box. in that google image will appear. when we mouse in that text box that image will disapear. how to insert that image in text box. ??????

thnx.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That is a mixture of css and javascript. Basically you use css to make it look pretty then to make the background disappear simply use onclick="javascript:myfunction();" Then javascript can change the css properties to make the background disappear.

That is a mixture of css and javascript. Basically you use css to make it look pretty then to make the background disappear simply use onclick="javascript:myfunction();" Then javascript can change the css properties to make the background disappear.

if you donot mind let me know how to do.

i did like this as a text format. text will disappear in text box.how the image to insert in text box. hw to do the above one.

That code inside the input field will trigger a custom javascript function. Then the javascript function can set the css of the input box so that the writing in the background disappears. The writing is usually just a simple background image and javascript can be used to make it disappear.

if you donot mind let me know how to do.

i did like this as a text format. text will disappear in text box.how the image to insert in text box. hw to do the above one.

That code inside the input field will trigger a custom javascript function. Then the javascript function can set the css of the input box so that the writing in the background disappears. The writing is usually just a simple background image and javascript can be used to make it disappear.

ok..thanks . i will try. i will contact you any problem occurs.

Not necessary to make one more function there, Directly you can write there itself, I hope it helps you

<style>
.inputboxstyle1{
background:url(your_bg_image);
}
.inpuboxstyle2{
background:none;
}
</style>

<input type="text" class="inputboxstyle1" onmouseover="javascript:this.className='inpuboxstyle2'" onmouseout="javascript:this.className='inputboxstyle1'" />
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.