Hi,

We are having memory leak/performance issue/timeout. we have checked and tuned db and all our queries.

The configuration for our server is as follows.

OS - windows 2003 SP2
CPU - 8-way 2.66 ghz intel Xeon(R) X5355 @
Memory - 16GB

I like to know for the above server configuration,

- upto what number I can give for "Max. no. of simultaneous template requests" ? currently we got 10.

- upto how much I can give for Max. Heap size in CF administrator"? currently set for 1024 MB.

- JVM Arguments is "-server -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home}/../ -Dcoldfusion.libPath={application.home}/../lib -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit"

anything we can add or change in the JVM argument to improve the performance?

Please advice. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What version of CF? Clustered? What 64 or 32 bit of JRE? What DB Driver are you using? Microsoft's JDBC? jtDBS?

99% of "memory leaking" issues are code related. There are diagnostic tools available for this, such as seefusion or fusionreactor. They both have free trials available that might be able to help you diagnose this issue too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.