I am a beginner, and i dont know about debuging, so please can u help me in easy way.

I tried that WebXel shopping Cart which ASP.NET (VB) I went thru it all, and I could understand it, but sure not all the code, but I faced many problems while running it.
I could run some of the pages that it has but not all, the reasons are:

When you press F12 in dreamweaver to see the page in ur browser, it browser the page normally. but when u click on the left banner on "Home Page" it open a dialogue box
asking you if u want to SAVE or OPEN or CANCEL (same 1 when u try to download
a file)
I open the HomePage on Dreamweaver MX 2004 it open normally under design or code,
but when I try again to browse it, it gave me same dialogue box, I dont know whats

another reason, is some pages (if you click on the left banner at "Load Saved Cart" which is LoadCart.aspx , it give me RunTime Error and ask me to Debug it, which I dont know about debug and those stuff

I got the IIS installed and running, and tested
the DB is set up as well.
thats what i do have on my system:

Win XP Pro + all update installed
Dreamweaver MX 2004
.Net Framework 1.1
MDAC 2.8
IIS5 and IIS 6 Manager
MS Access (Office XP Pro).

any idea?

Thank you

13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jackster

to be honest, you really need to sit down witha woob like Wrox ASP.NET for beginers, and user a basic editor like asp matrix, which is freely downloadable from www.asp.net

as for the debuf.. at the top of the page.. make sure in the <%@ language=C#%> you include
<%@ language=C# debug=True%>

Do the pages that you're trying to edit have codebehind? I don't think Dreamweaver can edit ASP.NET pages with Codebehind.

You can do Code behind with DW MX 2004, but it requires some implementation of some code to make it work. Since I am at work (non-IT job) and not at home I can't give that exact line of code, but I will check on it asap.

But don't hold me on this. Just know that you can create VB.net and C# classes in DW MX.

Here is an example of what I was meaning:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="Products.aspx.vb" Inherits="NorthLogin.Products"%>

This is place in the HTML code of the aspx page.

since you are just starting out i recomend downloading asp.net matrix from asp.net

its a good basic editor, and does not add a lot of messy code like dreamweaver

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.