ae1 0 Newbie Poster

I have a Moveable Type hosting account that seems to come with all sorts of bells and whistles that are not related or even compatible with Moveable Type. I am extremely ignorant about what I'm doing here and I got the MT account because I already had an MT blog, so I was a little familiar with the interface. That's about it.

Now I'm trying to put a site together for a non-profit I work for, and the MT front end would be fine, I think, but I need to have links to forms that people can fill out that will go into a database. The hosting service gives me MySQL with my account, though I don't know how to use it, and some php tools, which might as well be garden rakes, for all I can do. I spent about three hours last night trying to figure out how the Typo3 they gave me would work with the MT account. Don't laugh. I had no idea that was like trying to cram a sedan into an SUV.

A couple people have offered to help me, but I don't want to exhaust their good will with totally ignorant questions and idiocy.

Can an MT bloggish site connect to an updateable and manageable database? Is anyone familiar with 2mhosting? Their English is abominable, but they seem to be very responsive, time-wise. They don't offer much guidance, but I realize they're not a babysitting service for anxious non-techs.

Any help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.