Hi, I am getting one error continuously and recorded in my application log

cfcache could not retrieve the page content. HTTP status code '401 Unauthorized'

That is the description of error

I searched on the net for solution/help but could not find anything useful.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Check the URL's that you're caching. They are blocking you for some reason.

Check the URL's that you're caching. They are blocking you for some reason.

Thanks for the reply UtDream..

I have not used cfcache anywhere in the files.
I dunno from where that cfcache error is showing

Thanks for the reply UtDream..

I have not used cfcache anywhere in the files.
I dunno from where that cfcache error is showing

Hmm, that's interesting. The line number for the error should be in the exception logs, in [cf install dir]/logs/ by default.

Hope this helps!

Hmm, that's interesting. The line number for the error should be in the exception logs, in [cf install dir]/logs/ by default.

Hope this helps!

Thanks again for your reply Utdream

As i have in mentioned at beginning, I have found the error details from the same log folder before. there is no line no mentioned in it.

I am still not able to find any solution :(

Well, I've worked with a LOT of CF servers in my time and I've never heard of anything like this. If it were me in your place, I'd search your CFML code and make sure CFCACHE isn't mentioned anywhere. Using Linux' GREP would do the trick to search a large number of files. Windows search will also work if you're on that.

Bottom line, I do not believe it has anything to do with CF itself.

Well, I've worked with a LOT of CF servers in my time and I've never heard of anything like this. If it were me in your place, I'd search your CFML code and make sure CFCACHE isn't mentioned anywhere. Using Linux' GREP would do the trick to search a large number of files. Windows search will also work if you're on that.

Bottom line, I do not believe it has anything to do with CF itself.

thanks again for your reply.
I believed that cfcahe should be there. So I have searched for "cfcache" using dreamweaver for all files in the folder. I have the latest files from version manager downloaded.
strange.. cfcache not there only in those files.. :(
Dunno now, what should I check more..

That is a strange one.

It's a client side error (4xx HTTP), so your request is failing due to an unauthorized HTTP request. As mentioned, CFCACHing on the client side would be my first guess.

1. Have you tried looking for the word "cache" to see if there's anything used other than cfcache for caching? A CFX tag? A Java object?

2. Are you hosting this yourself or using some shared provider? I suppose it may be theoretically possible if they sneaked in a global cfinclude on all of their customer's templates to support client caching to not drain their resources as much.

3. What page is it erroring out on? Take that page, strip away all its dependencies - basically leave it blank and refresh. Place it in your root and remove Application.cfc/cfm. If you have a blank page without any includes, no objects being created (pretty much erase dependencies), no Application scope - and you're still getting that error - it's most likely your host.

What CF version do you have? Do you have access to the CFAdmin?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.