allright here is my question!!!

if i have a login page with user name and password and i have a situation where in two users are logging in with the same id with a little time gap though (assuming that the other user is still logged in) how will u take care of it.

or let me put it this way

what happens exactly whe two users are logged in at the same time in emails??

can anybody explain me in "jspterms"

Thanks

regards
Nishanth.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't think there is a "pretty" way of doing this. You could create a flag in the servlet context object(using a session listener, i think), or you could somehow use a cookie(stupid idea).

I'm guessing the session listener would be the way to go.

1) this isn't urgent at all, certainly not to me. Don't try to get people to give you preferential treatment by claiming you're more important than others.

2) use proper English. I won't answer any question that uses "u" "ur", etc. etc. as words.

You can maintain a status flag in the user table and check for that when user's login. Anyhow even if 2 of them logs in at the same time , the state will be maintained by the ACID property if you have used perfectly

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.