Hey guys,
Im using visual studio 2010 to work on a project. The project is to build a website for a hospital. Now the login has three types of user logins, patient, doctor and administration. The login is the default one in visual studio 2010, and for each type of user ive created a master page for each type of user, because they all have different views of the system. What im trying to figure out is, how do i redirect the users after the login page, to their respective master page?I tried understanding from different sources, but the concept is not clear. Where do i do the redirection, and how do u redirect?Like i need to get some sort of a code where i can do that if a patient logs in then redirect to the patient page, doctor logs in then go to doctor.master and admin so go to admin.master.Im using c# btw though i dont really know how to program in it.

hi,
for redirect the page use this key word
Response.Redirect("home.aspx");
first check the login.
then reddirect the page according to the group in to it home page

hi,
for redirect the page use this key word
Response.Redirect("home.aspx");
first check the login.
then reddirect the page according to the group in to it home page

http://infynet.wordpress.com

Oh wow.Thats great!Il have a look through it and try doing that in my own project!Thanks heaps for the site!:)

Ok i had a clear look at the thing, but im still a bit lost. Number one for the Response.Redirect() where do i code this?In the web.config or the code behind the login?:| Secondly, how do i specify to redirect according to the user?:S

Dont worry about it.its done:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.