Hi there,

I've been this online office management system hyperoffice.com for a while now & I never liked the program b/c of all the bugs, it wasn't designed properly (user interface) & tech support always blames us (not just me, even my VA & techie) for their issues, plus they don't return e-mails when one complains or asks for a credit for all the problems.

It even went down last night & no apology or anything when I wrote to them.

I'm looking for an Open Source program that I can use instead & put on my server & have a programmer tweak if necessary. I only deal with MySQL/PHP

Any suggestions?

Here are the features I need...

tasks
calender
groups & permissions
file documents
links/bookmarks

etc.

Thanks & have a great day!

Michelle

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

That looks good, but at quick glance it doesn't look like it's what I'm seeking for what I need. It looks like it's more a CMS to keep track of potential clients/leads.

The one I need helps to organize employees with their tasks so the boss can see who has started what & what priority it is, calendar, upload files, keep track of bookmarks, it has a message board etc.

Anything like that around?

Michelle

You can do a search on sourceforge.net under the trove category programming->php.
You should find what you are looking for.

I believe e-groupware should do the job: http://www.egroupware.org/
The other options are php-collab and dotproject. I havent looked at them for a while but they should have grown from when I last looked (a year at least).

Thanks for the recommendations :)

Michelle

You could try SugarCRM www.sugarcrm.com

I have eextensive experience with SugarCRM and it is the best!!!!

HI Michelle,
after looking at your description.
SugarCRM has Tasks module which has good track of information according to the specific users.
good calender features with alerts , and other features like attachments and documents with version maintainance and portal features which exactly fits into you requirements.

Hope you test this again.

Hi there,

I've been this online office management system hyperoffice.com for a while now & I never liked the program b/c of all the bugs, it wasn't designed properly (user interface) & tech support always blames us (not just me, even my VA & techie) for their issues, plus they don't return e-mails when one complains or asks for a credit for all the problems.

It even went down last night & no apology or anything when I wrote to them.

I'm looking for an Open Source program that I can use instead & put on my server & have a programmer tweak if necessary. I only deal with MySQL/PHP

Any suggestions?

Here are the features I need...

tasks
calender
groups & permissions
file documents
links/bookmarks

etc.

Thanks & have a great day!

Michelle

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.