Hi all,

I am facing problem in session variables. We are a Call Center and we have a CRM application in ASP.Net which has two interfaces, one is for tech executive level another is for auditor. When a auditor opens both simulatanously.Sometime Session variables clashes for both interfaces and forms submitted by auditor has userid of tech executive , which she has opened just to check some information on tech executive level.

so how to resolve this problem and stop the wrong userid to be filled in audited data.

Thanks

Priya

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What you are saying is when a tech executive signs in and logs out, her session is not expiring.
If the user has a page opened then the session will not expire unless you logout.
When the page closes then the session state variable will automatically expire.

Even if the session did not expire like what your saying,your session variable should be replaced by the existing value for the input user.Check whether your user input gets replaced in the session variable.

What kind of Authen mode are you using?

What Browser are you using?

No I don't mean so. When an auditor audits the calls, he also logins into the CRM to check for tickets against the audited calls. He uses different username for operating CRM, other than which he is using to give remraks to audit the calls. So When on a single client , 2 different username , passwords are used , and both usernames are kept in Session Variables. They clash sometime , and form submitted by auditor
stores the username not of auditor but of other username which he is using just to check tickets.

For example : username for Auditor is ABC and username for dummy tech exective (to check tickets only) is XYZ.
And username to be stored by auditing application should be ABC but sometime it stores XYZ , which was the dummy tech exective username.

I want to know What is the reason behind this, and what is the solution.

Thanks

Manjeet

Hard to say without seeing code. Do you use the same name for the session variable for both? Maybe change the name of the auditor session variable, eg: Session["username"] and Session["Auditor_username"]

Hard to say without seeing code. Do you use the same name for the session variable for both? Maybe change the name of the auditor session variable, eg: Session["username"] and Session["Auditor_username"]

Hi,

I don't think it's problem with Session variables. Anyway IIS will create two seperate sessions for each user and they are iscolated. Priya, Could you please let me know more technically about what you implemented.

Thanks,
Kedar

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.