Hello everyone,
I am developing a website application on vb.net. I was earlier using IE-6 and everything was fine, except some wrong display of gui elements. So, I installed IE-8.
But now, when I run/debug my web appl, it starts VERY SLOWLY. It takes about 20 seconds+ to load the first page. Same when refresh is clicked. Navigation is ok however.
This problem did not occur on IE-6. I reinstalled IE-8, but to no avail. When I installed IE-6, everyhting was speedy again.
PLZ help, I cannot wait for 20+ seconds everytime for small changes that I have to make !

Hello everyone,
I am developing a website application on vb.net. I was earlier using IE-6 and everything was fine, except some wrong display of gui elements. So, I installed IE-8.
But now, when I run/debug my web appl, it starts VERY SLOWLY. It takes about 20 seconds+ to load the first page. Same when refresh is clicked. Navigation is ok however.
This problem did not occur on IE-6. I reinstalled IE-8, but to no avail. When I installed IE-6, everyhting was speedy again.
PLZ help, I cannot wait for 20+ seconds everytime for small changes that I have to make !

Hey,there may be some rendering problems in ie8,so try running your website in Compatability mode in Ie8.
It is a great feauture,that might help you.

Issue is not of rendering problem. website itself loads too slowly. everything is rendered fine.

Issue is not of rendering problem. website itself loads too slowly. everything is rendered fine.

I gone through many links and it says that
"Slow downs caused by IE8 are mainly caused by a large list of sites placed in the restricted sites zone. Microsoft has yet to correct the problem. Do you have a large amount of sites placed in IE8 restricted zone? Spyware Blaster, Spybot S&D and other software place websites in IE8's restricted zone. If so, remove all the restricted sites and see if the slow downs dissapear. In most cases.... this is the solution."

Just try it...

i tried what u suggested. Restricted sites list is empty for my browser !!! getting worried now !!! :S

Then the problem may be because of a improper IE8 upgrade.
It this is the problem,then try installing it again.

The other thing you can do is try removing the restricted sites list again using the file given as a link below

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf

It will simply remove all the restricting site entries.

Upgrade is fine. And there are no sites in my restricted sites list ! This is getting really annoying