Hi, i am developing a website but got stuck. I got couple of queries , I would appreciate if anyone can help me out.

1. is it possible to re-size image ( e.g on facebook thumbnail picture ) without loosing quality using php code.

2. If not is there third party tool i can use for image resizing on my website

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cereal

Try using imagecopyresampled() instead of imagecopyresized() to lessen the degradation of quality. The process takes a little longer but if you aren't doing a large number of images on one page it shouldn't be all that noticeable.

Is there a way to scale image without losing quality?

Edited by manibro: Pasted it on wrong post

You can save the resized file into PNG format, this will help to preserve quality. The length of the file will be higher than a JPG equivalent, but you can use some tools as optipng to compress the file without loosing quality. Or use JPG format also for the resized file and set quality over ~80%, this value usually returns a good looking file without artifacts.

Read this document, there you can find a lot of information about this topic: http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/resize/

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.