i am designing a small client server system for a hospital, in this system a receptionist will forward the details of patients as they come to the particular doctor, like i go with a problem related to skin disease, my case would be transferred to that particular doc,
I am using jsp for this.

PROBLEM:- somebody suggested me that you can't a client server system on a LAN using TYPE 1 DATABASE IN JDBC-ODBC BRIDGE, i am really confused as i have never used type 4 db. Can't my system work with type 1 database??????

HELP ME, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...................

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1) JSP based solutions are by definition NOT client/server
2) whomever told you that, ignore them from now on as it's WRONG.
3) if you've never worked with databases, hand back the assignment as you're incapable of implementing it.
4) in fact do so anyway as your question shows clearly that you lack basic understanding of the technical concepts needed to bring it to a successful conclusion. I can only hope your knowledge of the business domain you're working in is better.

commented: person makes people lose their confidence +0
commented: to the point. +9

@jwenting,
my friend first of all thanx for ur rude advise,
secondly, i know u mite b a pro in java, but m not a beginner in java, i've worked with databases, and jsp/servlets have inbuilt way of handling threads, so i guess they can be implemented in client server arch........ and m not making the project on large scale as m just a university student... and to be precise what do u suggest then, should i implement socket prog. for client server arch???? and i also know that type 4 is best suited for large scale projects.........
U DIDN'T PROVIDED ANY SOLUTION, U JUST INCREASED MY BURDEN AND GAVE ME A FEELING THAT I CAN'T BE A GOOD CODER........... THANX........

commented: you must respect opinion of other members -2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.