Hey friends,

I have a site that I've put a lot of time and effort into and in the midst have also been using it to learn JavaScript. I'm pretty proficient at PHP so the site was mostly coded in PHP, but now I've decided it would be best use Ajax to update the mySQL database instead of PHP so my pages don't have to refresh every time a change is made.

Are there any references that you know of that could help me out in the conversion process?

Most of my PHP scripts POST back to themselves and I use if(isset($_POST)) to update the info on the mySQL database. I'm still a novice at JavaScript and Ajax.

Is this is even a reasonable request?

Thanks for your advice
Devin

To alter the database, you'll still need PHP. You need to write some (one or many) PHP scripts that do something with the POST data you throw at them with AJAX and give some sort of response to the javascript (for example, a success notice). A pretty good intro is https://developer.mozilla.org/en/AJAX/Getting_Started.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.