Hi, Currently getting error below when I know the record exists in DB. Only happens on certain records, records in the DB before and after this work, I am puzzled.

It is an Access DB

ADODB.Field error '80020009'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/tacho/details.asp, line 0

---------------------------

ASP Page

<%
	'declare variables
	Dim Conn
	Dim objtachoinfo
	Dim Order
	Dim branch
    Dim Add

'pull query string
	Order = Request.QueryString("ATORNO")
	branch = Request.QueryString("ATGNN2")

set Conn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")
	Conn.open "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;DATA SOURCE=localhost;UID=xxxx;PWD=xxxx;DATABASE=tachodb"

SQL="SELECT Tachodb.ATGNN2, Tachodb.ATCNUM, GHCUST.CSCNMZ, GHCUST.CSSAD1, GHCUST.CSSAD2, GHCUST.CSADD3, GHCUST.CSPSCD, Tachodb.ATCA30, Tachodb.ATORNO, Tachodb.ATRGNO, branch.branch, branch.address1, branch.PhoneNum, GHCUST.CRCUNO FROM Tachodb, branch, GHCUST WHERE Tachodb.ATGNN2 = branch.branch AND Tachodb.ATCNUM = GHCUST.CRCUNO AND ATORNO =' " & Order & " '"

set objtachoinfo=Conn.execute(SQL)
%>

<html>
<head><link href="stylesheet.css" rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css">
<title>Tacho Information - Service Control</title></head>

<div align="left">
  <table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="80%">
    <tr>
      <td width="13%" valign="top" align="left"><!--#include file="menu.asp"--></td>
      <td width="50%"><table width="561" height="322">
	<tr>
		<td colspan="2" height="44" width="553"><h1 class="blue">Tacho Information - Service Control</h1></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td colspan="2" height="25" width="553"><hr></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td><font><%Response.Write objtachoinfo("CSCNMZ")%></font></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
	<td><font><%Response.Write objtachoinfo("CSSAD1")%></font></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
	<td><font><%Response.Write objtachoinfo("CSSAD2")%></font></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
	<td><font><%Response.Write objtachoinfo("CSADD3")%></font></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
	<td><font><%Response.Write objtachoinfo("CSPSCD")%></font></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td colspan="2" height="25" width="553">< <%Response.Write objtachoinfo("ATRGNO")%> td>
	</tr>
<FORM><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Back" onClick="history.go(-1);return true;"> </FORM>
	<tr>
		<td colspan="2" height="25" width="553"><hr></td>
	</tr>
</table></td>
    </tr>
  </table>
</div>
</html>

<%

Set objtachoinfo = Nothing
	Conn.Close
	Set Conn = Nothing
%>

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you tried to submit a simpler stored procedure statement. I really can not tell from the stored procedure what the database structure is but start off with a simpler statement to insure the basic request can be satisfied.

Your script SQL isn't returning anything. this could cause of a database error (that's what vpgrmer is trying to find out i think)

In my case, this is usually when i have a grammar error in the SQL code, maybe you should double-check that just to be sure.
also, don't you need a objtachoinfo.moveFirst before the html code?

Yes, that was my intention. Did you have connection?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.