does anyone know how i could securly post my website on my own computer and see it from the net?

thx

Thank you for posting to Daniweb! For future post in this forum and any forum, I recommend you create a title that succinctly describes your issue or question. "help!" doesn't do it. :)

But....here I am helping...so I guess it did work, eh?

Well, your question is really a lot of questions that depend on many variables. You posted in the PHP forum, so am I to assume you want to host PHP scripted web pages from your local workstation?

• You will need a webserver. For example, IIS or Apache.
  • You will need PHP installed.
  • You will need your webserver configured for PHP.
  • You will need routing enabled to port 80 on your local workstation. This means you may need to configure your Windows Firewall or open ports on your DSL/CABLE/MODEL router or whatever is between you and the public Internet.

Each of the points above is a topic in itself. If you search around Daniweb and the Internet in general, you'll find answers to all of these. My WAMP HOWTO at www.troywolf.com/articles can help you get started.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.