I am working on Admin panel of Asp.Net Site.As usual first task in this case is of User Management.I dont know how to assign different roles to different users. i am using SQL SERVER 2005 on the back end. i dont know that either i create users from back end and get login through those users or i create a user table and define my own users , assign roles to them and then log in, but how to create roles, how to assign roles, how to trace the activities of users i.e login time, logout time, processes performed etc . i need a comperehensive help.....

Hi

Use Aspnet_regsql.exe that ships with Visual Studio. You specify database and login parameters. The aspnet tables will be created in the database. Aspnet_Membership, aspnet_users, aspnet_roles, aspnet_UsersInRoles tables will be there. Then to add users you open your website in Visual Studio, go to Website, ASP.Net configuration, Security, Then add roles. When creating users, the defined roles will be visible, you tick to add a user to a role. Then open the aspnet tables on the database to see users created, roles added etc.

All the best

Aspnet_regsql.exe can be found on: C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727 or on C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.