What's up everyone.

A few months ago I followed a website tutorial on how to make a custom CMS and it worked for me on my web server. Well I just recently installed MySQL + phpMyAdmin on my laptop under the localhost of my machine (i have a mac if that helps with this).

Well, I took those files off my server and put them onto my local host to try and expand it's capabilies offline. When I load the php page I get a blank page. I'm pretty sure I called the correct database.

My files look like this:

• HD:Users:mporter:Sites:visualDropCMS (this is the directory where the php is installed)
  • HD:Users:mporter:Sites:phpMyAdmin (this is hwere the phpMyAdmin is installed)

Does the problem come about because I dont have phpMyAdmin within the visualDropCMS folder?

This is what the database call within my php file looks like.

<?php

include_once('_class/visualDropCMS.php');
      $obj = new visualDropCMS();
      $obj->host = 'localhost';
      $obj->username = 'root';
      $obj->password = '********';
      $obj->table = 'vDCMSPosts';
      $obj->connect();

if ( $_POST )
        $obj->write($_POST);

echo ( $_GET['admin'] == 1 ) ? $obj->display_admin() : $obj->display_public();

?>

Any help would be amazing even if it pointing me towards reading more because I am willing to learn.

• Matt
Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jkon

Hello Matt , pattmorter
You didn’t even described the problem , but I am happy that you figured it out. So mark it as solved and next time describe what you are asking if you want answers ….

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.