I'm presently using nicEdit, small simple and inadequate for what I need, I aware of tinyMCE FCKEditor and such my problem is I need to make it a one time switch, I do not want to get my users through a series of trial and error, my demographic is older people doing genealogy research.

I'm using php and mysql so I need to be able to pull the data and make it available for read or edit.

The problems I have with niceEdit are mostly related to people doing a copy and paste from a msword document or trying to copy and paste a table seen somewhere else.

I don't care if I have to spend money to get one that will handle most of the requirement.

Would like recommendation from the pros of what system works best for what I'm trying to achieve.

There might be one out there that I'm not aware of.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@gamebits

Base on your situation.

I would used CKEditor since you will spend little money pay for certain features like uploading images.

I don't know about MS Word in the text editor. I'm not sure about that one.

The problems I have with niceEdit are mostly related to people doing a copy and paste from a msword document

What we don't have here are the actual problems you are having with the exisiting rich text editor. If you could provide teh ctual issues, we could help you much more effectively.

tinyMCE handles copy paste from word, it has a plugin that comes packaged with tiny. they have a real nice image loader that you can buy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.