I have a Contact Form for my client's website and I will be using a contact_form.asp file for email scripting. That is my only choice for my client's hosting site. I have spent many hours googling for more .asp information and all I am seeing for .asp script of info to come back in the email is "fromname" "email" and "body". I would like to include "telephone" and a "selected value" from my drop down list of services to be in the email as well. Do I have that option? If yes, what would the coding be in the .asp file? I usually can make a good guess but the wording in the script is a little different. Here is the code from the contact_form.asp:

vfromname = request.form ("TName")
vbody = request.form ("TBody")
vrplyto = request.form ("TEmail")
vmsgbody = vfromname &"<br>"& vrplyto &"<br>"& vbody

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Edited by jm1999: more specific title

Contributors
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by JorgeM

I assume that your variable "vmsbody" is holding the contents of the actual email message. If so, just include the other elements in your form.

for example..

vphone = request.form("phone")
vmsgbody = vfromname &"<br />"& vrplyto &"<br />"& vbody &"<br />"& vphone

If you need help with emailing from an ASP web application, I have a sample onlie that you can refer to and adpat to your needs..

Sending Email Using CDOSYS in ASP

Hope this helps..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.