I have a Contact Form for my client's website and I will be using a contact_form.asp file for email scripting. That is my only choice for my client's hosting site. I have spent many hours googling for more .asp information and all I am seeing for .asp script of info to come back in the email is "fromname" "email" and "body". I would like to include "telephone" and a "selected value" from my drop down list of services to be in the email as well. Do I have that option? If yes, what would the coding be in the .asp file? I usually can make a good guess but the wording in the script is a little different. Here is the code from the contact_form.asp:

vfromname = request.form ("TName")
vbody = request.form ("TBody")
vrplyto = request.form ("TEmail")
vmsgbody = vfromname &"<br>"& vrplyto &"<br>"& vbody

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

I assume that your variable "vmsbody" is holding the contents of the actual email message. If so, just include the other elements in your form.

for example..

vphone = request.form("phone")
vmsgbody = vfromname &"<br />"& vrplyto &"<br />"& vbody &"<br />"& vphone

If you need help with emailing from an ASP web application, I have a sample onlie that you can refer to and adpat to your needs..

Sending Email Using CDOSYS in ASP

Hope this helps..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.