Getting started with a new site:
Hi frnds i need ur help tell me wt r the best way for starting a new site

Edited by happygeek: moved forum - please post in appropriate forums only - this is the third post I have moved by you today

Contributors
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Octet

It depends on your skills and knowledge.

There are a number of different methods for creating a website, the simplest is to use a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor which allows you to use features such as drag and drop movement and resizing.
There are a number of online services, and services that can be installed on your computer to achieve such a task. They are often referred to as 'Website Builders' and can be found with a quick web search.

The other method, and the method which personally I prefer is to use a basic text editor, or a dedicated coding IDE such as Dreamweaver which shall allow you to write the various HTML, CSS, JS etc. yourself.
This has many advantages over a WYSIWYG editor in that you can truly customise it, write it, and know exactly what is going into it.

(Think of it like a cake, you can either buy a pack which you mix together with milk, or you can bake it yourself and know what you stick in it).

Edited by Octet

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.