I have a problem entering data into my database using asp and vb scripting languages
web site address = http://www.ilizarovgrp.co.uk/
i have tried adding a advobs inc file but the page will not display once this is added this may be because of my server options but i thought asp was a free usage language.
I can already read stuff from the database which is a access file but cannot enter info using the adLockOptimistic option in the connection because i keep getting the error (above in title) which says

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

Line 49 highlighted below

if anyone has any advice or can say why i cannot add the advobs inc file to my page i would be greatful. The web host is fasthosts and i am using a simple asp server system along with access file storage database.

<%@Language=VBScript%>
<% Option Explicit %>

<table width="701" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#000000">
<tr>
<td width="127"><font color="#993399" size="+2"><strong>Title</strong></font></td>
<td width="233"><font color="#993399" size="+2"><strong>Description</strong></font></td>
</tr>
<%
Dim objConn
Dim adlockoptimistic
Dim adCmdTable
Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConn.ConnectionString="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _
"DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("\ilizarovdata.mdb")
objConn.Open
Dim objRS
Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
objRS.Open "ilizarov", objConn, , adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable

objRS.AddNew
objRS ("name")= Request.Form ("ilizarname")
objRS ("comment") = Request.Form ("fmcomments")
objRS.Update

objRS.MoveFirst
Do while Not objRS.EOF
Response.Write"<tr><td>"&objRS("name")& "</td>"
Response.Write "<td>"&objRS("comment")& "</td>"
objRS.MoveNext
loop
objRS.close
Set objRS = Nothing
objConn.Close
Set objConn = Nothing
%>
</table>

Hello,
You havent entered any cursor type for the recordset. You try the following line.
objRS.Open "ilizarov", objConn,adOpenDynamic , adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable

I think by default it take adOpenForwardOnly cursor tyep which conflicts if you try to enter the record in the data base using the add method.
Here is the the general form of opening a recordset.

objRS.Open source, connection, [cursortype], [locktype], [options]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.