i have an idea for an rpg that i want up but i dont know rpging, if anyone would like to help please email me.

but here is the idea.
u register, login, and the train ur member. in the training screen, u get skill points and xp points. after certain xp, u raise up lvs. then u can redeem skill points in attack and defense. stuff like that.

if anyone wants to help me with this idea please email me at dragonkingamn@yahoo.com
i really appreciate it

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i have an idea for an rpg that i want up but i dont know rpging, if anyone would like to help please email me.

but here is the idea.
u register, login, and the train ur member. in the training screen, u get skill points and xp points. after certain xp, u raise up lvs. then u can redeem skill points in attack and defense. stuff like that.

if anyone wants to help me with this idea please email me at dragonkingamn@yahoo.com
i really appreciate it

Sounds a lot like MUDing to me. There are lots of text-based sites that do that still.

Is that what you're kind of talking about? Also, PHP is a web programming language, it's not actually talking about something related to RPGs. ;)

MUDing, never heard of it. but now i know what it is. ill start looking at it.

thanks for the help, if anything else comes to ur mind for helping me, please reply

Personally, I hate games created with languages that were originally designed for the web. HTTP is not persitent, so you cannot have a live game unless you constantly refresh the page. You could however use a Java applet and dump that on a page, but I hate programming in Java and a lot of people hate running applets. Even if you used Java, Flash, Shockwave, or WildTangent, all different languages, you would need a server to communicate with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.