Hi, I am currently working on an assignment and am stuck on the very end of it.
In a previous assignment we created a SQL database and GUI in vs C# for this one we have to turn this into a web service, I have all forms working apart from one.

I have included a picture of what the GUI looked like in the previous exercise.

I need to be able to type a customersID into the box at the top click the button and populate the fields below..it sounds easy but I can't get it to work. I have looked at the option of making it into a dropdownlist and populating the textboxes based on what is selected in that, i have spent hours researching and can't find a way to make it work in a webservice.

If anyone has any ideas on what I should be doing, I would be forever Greatful!!

So...After hours of searching I finally figuered one part out.. I now have a search box and when i type in the customerID a formview populates with that customers detail. I still however don't know how to populate the gridview below it as this is based on a seperate table?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.