I have been cleaning up my server of useless files - I double-checked each file to make sure it was definitely unneeded, so nothing I removed is causing this issue.
This is the bug; It involves a form:
- I filled out a form and submitted it to the DB - This works fine (Important: I enter a 9-digit password and confirm it before submitting) All form data is saved correctly to the DB as entered.
- The bug: I am using onUnload to fully clear the form when I reload the page or use the back button - This has been working perfectly until a few minutes ago.
- What is happening now: When I refresh/back button the page not only is the first, unconfirmed password field still filled BUT the login password field is now filled as well (I have not touched any of this code today so I am not sure what is causing this)
- When I refresh the page, the password field and login password field mometarily clear but then reload and display filled again.
- I tried clearing my browser cache but it still happens.
- I even closed the main page where this is happening and then reopened it - Upon doing this the password fields were both still filled (That makes no sense to me at all)
- One last thing I tried: I manually cleared the form of all password data - Instead of putting my usual 9 character password into the fields I put in 16 characters and submitted the form. Upon refreshing the page the form loaded with the original, previous 9 character password.
I find this extremely odd and do not even know where to begin to debug and fix this.
*Code snippets posted on request.
Thank you in advance,