Good day!

I dont know if this is the right thread for my problem but since I am developing the site with Php and MySQL Ive posted in here. My problem is, the website can be pinged without www prefix but when I browse it in the browser, I am redirected to the cgi-bin folder which is not I wanted to do. It should redirect to the site index.php as I have put the site contents in the root folder. Another problem is, I cannot ping the site with a www prefix.? It says website not found and no ping reply..

Anyone has encounter the same problem? please share your ideas. I am thinking it would be a dns problem like adding CNAME or A record in my dns manager. But I do not have a dns manager since the site is a government website and there is a governing body In-charge to DNS registration and they just told me that the domain is already activated..

Anybody has encountered the same proble? Please share your ideas..

Thank you!

Actually it seems to be a DNS problem, probably they are missing a ServerAlias reference in the zone.

thats what Im thinking too.. Im still waiting for thier reply and until now I did not hear any from them. I will update as soon as possible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.