Here's dish. When I submit a form, it straight up crashes my site on my network. Here are the details.
- The form submits to itself. The form is on site.php (fictional name for reference on this post) and the action= "site.php".
- When it crashes, it crashes for every page on my site I try to visit. Other sites work. And it's only on my network. While it's in crash mode, others on different networks can visit the site. ANd it doesn't fully crash on my mobile network. Just for site.php.
- I have to fully reboot the modem to not only go to site.php, but any regular page on my site like index.php. Rebooting the router does not cut it.
- Here's the message: The connection was reset...The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
- I had this issue occur recently, but found that my form was missing something...added it and seemed to fix it. However this time, I did not change a thing. I was actually working in another file (PHP) that gets included in the site.php script to process the data if the form is submitted. That file, let's call it process.php, is where I was working when the problem happened.
- I backed out all of my changes to a point when the form was working in the past. No luck.
- I commented out the whole process.php script to where it was just a lame-duck file.
- I have even gone so far as to comment out the include "process.php"; section of the script, basically bypassing the process.php file altogether. No Luck.
- So, you are probably asking, it has to do with the site.php file. You'd be right in thinking that. However, I haven't edited the file in 4 days and have been working on it all day successfullt submitting forms until this happened. I even went back to a one-day earlier version and am still getting the error.
- The site is hosted on Godaddy. Random fact, but thought it might help :)
- It's not a device issue. If I submit the form on my pc, crash it, then go to my laptop, the laptop will not be able to visit any of my sites.
- Here's my intention with the form. I want to upload around 5k of rows, split between 8 CSV files. I'm not trying to save the files to my site, but rather just grab each one, scrub them, and then join them all into one file. That's the ultimate goal. Now, however, I am just testing the process with two files with 8 rows in one and 4 in another.
I have never had this issue before these two times.
Has anyone ever ran into this and know what I can do? Is this a memory issue? the message doesn't make me think that. My next step is to create a completely new page with a different name, and see if I somehow fix it. If you need code, I can add it later. I'd have to scrub details out of the code to submit, thereby not giving a full view, so I thought I would try this route first.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.