I have seen a couple solutions to this problem but none have worked so far.

here is the error.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\wamp\www\login.php on line 12

and the code

// connect to the mysql server
$link = mysql_connect(localhost, root, admin)
or die ("Could not connect to mysql because ".mysql_error());

// select the database
or die ("Could not select database because ".mysql_error());

$match = "select id from members where username = '".$_POST['username']."'
and password = '".$_POST['password']."';"; 

$qry = mysql_query($match)
or die ("Could not match data because ".mysql_error());
$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($qry); 

if ($num_rows > 0) {
setcookie("loggedin", "TRUE", time()+(3600 * 24));
setcookie("mysite_username", "$username");
echo "You are now logged in!<br>";
echo "Continue to the <a href=members.php>members</a> section.";
else {
echo "Sorry, there is no username: $username with the specified password.<br>";
echo "<a href=login.html>Try again</a>";

now does it make a difference that I am using WAMP server instead of having just configured the php and mysql by hand. It worked yesterday now today nothing.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Not sure this is the solution, but you do not quote the value for your variables.

// connect to the mysql server
$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'admin')
or die ("Could not connect to mysql because ".mysql_error());

// select the database
or die ("Could not select database because ".mysql_error());

yea it had something to do with my php setup so i reinstalled WAMP and just added in my backup files so pretty much i just replaced php and its extensions.

Is the MYSQL functionality being loaded in the PHP.INI that's being used?


I have been struggling with this for two days now !!!

And here is what the problem on my machine was:

In httpd.conf (in the conf folder of my Apache installation), the path to php.ini was incomplete, so i corrected it like so:

PHPIniDir "C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\"

AND it miraculously worked !! (it is NOT to be believed :D had started thinkin this thing AINT made to be workin at all!!)


tanya_ivanova, your posting helped me solve the problem. The path in the PHPIniDir was not correct. I change it and it worked. Thanks a lot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.