So, I've been teaching myself HTML, CSS, JS/jQuery for the last three months and I've finally got enough stuff put together that I'd like to create a portfolio. I've been using Brackets and checking different viewport sizes by increasing and decreasing Chrome's browser window, specifically by using the Chrome extension 'Window Resize' . I had the front page looking great in all different viewport sizes, but when I uploaded my files to the server, and check my site (from my iPhone6), nothing looks even close to how it did as I was designing it. Click Here Is the extension 'Window Resize' not accurate or am I missing something here?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm not familar with tha particular tool but I've found the device mode option available in Chrome Inspector is pretty good and I've never had issues with a page not matching between the device and the inspector.
Having said that, nothing beats testing it on the actual device.

Member Avatar for diafol

Hmm. Doesn't work too well on Chrome 17" laptop) when I resize. The centred "arrow down" button is below the fold as soon as I resize to less than 100%.

I checked in Mobile Safari (iPhone 5s with iOS 9.2.1) and to me it looks how it should look.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.