Hello guys!

I have problem with my Php program. The existing system is done in Php4.3.2. When i used the existing pages and install a freshcopy of Php 4.2.3, the login pages does not work. it reads from the database actually for the fact that if i enter a wrong username and password there is a response and if the username and password is correct no response made but still i am not log-in in the system. If you have any idea about this pls help.

For MySQl versions:
existing: MySQL Servers and Clients 4.0.13
Fresh installed copy: MySQL Servers abd Clients 4.0.15

IIS component of windows 2000 was used.

pls help me which of the following software does a conflict.
If you copy of software or if you know a site in downloading the existing software(MySQL Servers and Clients 4.0.13 and Php4.3.2) pls tell. thanks a lot....

Good day!

I encounter a bug in my login.php page when i used PHP 4.3.11 on my PC. here is the bug:

warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0.
This system has been working in php 4.3.2 for almost 3 years. i just wondered why the error exists for php version 4.3.11. Is there a way to enable the register_globals? In the existing system the following sessions works: session_is_registered, and session_unregister. I just wonder it is not working with php 4.3.11.
pls help me.....

You don't want "register globals" on. It's behavior can lead to security issues, as describe in the linked article.

http://www.php.net/register_globals

Your code should be fixed instead, which we'll be happy to help with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.