Hello,

I have tried to install xampp repeatedly and still the same or similar error appears.

My localhost works fine except the phpmyadmin:

Welcome to phpMyAdmin

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
Cannot connect: invalid settings.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Retry to connect

Does anyone knows why?

I have tried installing xampp repeatedly.

Still the same or similar error appears.

Thanks in advance.

What should I do?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you actually checked the connections details? That is the more likely cause of the problem.

I have been trying: http://ccm.net/faq/630-mysql-reset-the-root-password

davi@ACER c:\xampp

UPDATE user SET password=PASSWORD('newpassword') WHERE user="root";

'UPDATE' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

davi@ACER c:\xampp
#

I don't think I am successfully resetting the password yet.

Firstly, it sounds as if you typed your UPDATE command directly into the command line rather than a Mysql client. That's why you got the "'UPDATE' is not recognized as an internal or external command" message.
Go back to basics. Open the command line and type mysql -u root -p hit enter and then type in your password (if you set one up).
Did that give you access to MySql? If not then something is wrong with MySql itself.

If it did work make sure the same credentials are supplied in the config.inc.php file for PhpMyAdmin.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.