Having an issue passing info from the modal to the model so that I can do a where statement.

The first line below is the link to open the modal. Works fine no issues.

<td><a href="javascript:;" class="openModal" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#email_details_<?php echo $SP->fit_tv_rollout_info_id;?>"> <span class="glyphicon glyphicon-info-sign" aria-hidden="true"></span> </a></td> <div id="email_details_<?php echo $SP->fit_tv_rollout_info_id;?>" class="modal fade"> <div class="modal-dialog"> <div class="modal-content"> <!-- dialog body --> <div class="modal-header"> <h4 class="modal-title">
          Contractor Email Details <?php echo $SP->chain;?> - <?php echo $SP->location_name;?> </h4> </div> <form class="email_details_form"> <div class="modal-body"> <?php
                        if($contractor_email_details):foreach($contractor_email_details as $CED):?> <?php echo $CED->contractor_name;?> - 
                                                                <?php echo $CED->contractor_email;?> -
                                                                <?php echo $CED->date_sent;?><br> <?php endforeach; else:?> <b><i>Sorry there is no current projects being worked on.</b></i> <?php endif;?> <div id="response"></div> </div> <!-- dialog buttons --> <div class="modal-footer"> <button type="button" class="btn btn-default" data-dismiss="modal">Close</button> </div> </form> </div> </div> </div>

But when I open the page I can't figure out how to pass the info to model where I have my where statement

public function contractor_email_details($data)
    {
        $rollout_id = $email_details_fit_tv_rollout_info_id;
        $this->db->select('*');
        $this->db->from('fit_tv_rollout_email');
        $this->db->where('rollout_id', $rollout_id);
        $get_query = $this->db->get();
        return $get_query->result();

I'm trying to figure out where I can get my $rollout_id from but I'm having issues and can't figure it out.

With my links they go to a different fit_tv_rollout_info_id. I can select the $SP->Chain fine that is showing correctly. But each one of these $SP->chain - $SP->location gets a unique ID. That is why I have my where statement. I have a db script that inserts when we email someone and stores it into the datbase and I want to pull the results from the database.

Any ideas?

Contributors
Views
2 Months
Discussion Span
Last Post by gottaloveit

I'm assuming you are using some sort of Javascript Ajax click event to call a url that PHP routes to this function contractor_email_details

If that's the case, and you are simply passing the ID in the url like for instance:

/url/php_page.php?id=X

Then the variable $data in the function variables is (should be) the ID. So, I would change line 3 to:

$rollout_id = $data;

See if that works for you. If not, then it could be passing something like the form object, so I would try:

$rollout_id = $data[id];

Where id is the variable name in the URL that you are using for the Ajax click event

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.